Friday, August 21, 2015

Wonders of Maginhawa -- Z Compound at Malingap

'tis the season when I started to get fat... 

It's a compound of full something to discover like food, culture, and new ideas. A no-fancy place, just pure fun and foodie experience. Malingap Street proudly flaunt Z compound, where they (almost) got it all for you for a weekend foodie get away. There are about 10 restaurants inside the compound and countless of new offerings to try... 
It's like hawkers in other Asian countries. Each restaurant have their must-try offerings. Though, most of them has limited seats and cannot accommodate a comfortable dine-in experience. Here' are the list of food we tried during our visit.
From Meshwe. Chicken Shawarma. Chunky tender chicken wrapped in pita bread. A bit spicy for me but I love the persian-food like taste and the texture of the meat and the vegies...
From Buger Hub . Pilyo Burger. Real meaty and juicy burger patty and the melting cheese made me die... I still prefer the grilled though. 
From Hijo D'Pita. El Chuppacabra Pita. A bit usual 'cause I can hardly feel the meat in every bite. (Check out El Chuppacabra in Makati... it's the best!)
Hijo Ultimo Nachos. Very grand in presentation. Nachos is common but the over-flowing garnish made you wanna try... I don't like the green peas. (personal preference:) )
From Stoners. Chicken Wings. Sweet and spicy glazed chicken.
Pardon 'cause we really cannot try it all... It's a long and tiring day in the office and we just want to unwind with great food and a couple of beer and sweets..
Here are the list of restaurant in the compound:

  • Me Love You Long Time - Offers Vietnamese foods and other Southeast Asian fusion.
  • Bagneto - From the name itself, putok-batok bagnet is the main attracction.
  • Samu Eats -Japanese famous dishes can be grabbed here.
  • Bochic - Pork Fest. From pork chop, pulled pork buns to pork barbeque
  • The Backyard Reservoir - Italian pasta, sandwhiches and pizza.. There's wine too.
  • BBQ Zone - Specializes in pinoy-style barbeque
  • Big Scoop Ice Cream - the only branch I've seen by far. The main ice cream parlor I know that offers Big Scoop is at Pinaglabanan San Juan City. But you can try their ice cream in some buffet restaurants. Best Vanilla and Avocado and Chocolate (and other variants) ice cream ever...
  • and others- may not be updated based from my last visit... (I'll see If I can go there again some other time)
Budget - P100 to P500 depends on how many restaurants you want to try.
Here's my ratings for the Z Compound in general.
Taste: JJJLL
AmbienceJJJJL (I kind'a like the hawker feel)
Service: JJLLL
Value for MoneyJJJLL (It depends on how you control the temptation) 

Z compound, Malingap Street. Near Maginhawa street. UP Teacher's Village Quezon City.

Mark My Name.