Monday, April 13, 2015

Summer / Lent 2015

Indeed a different kind of summer for me and my family. This Holy week, we spent the very meaning of this season by visiting churches in Cauayan city and nearby towns. We did this during Good Friday. We started the Visita Iglesia at 1pm and finish it around 4pm in time for the procession.

First on the list is my favorite church - Our Lady of the Pilar Parish Church at Cauayan city. My favorite not just because this is in my hometown but I really love the architecture and history that embodies it. The church was able to retain it's old facade making it so interesting...
Interior though is kind of a modern antique... I can still remember when I was a kid (high school student) I use to go here to play and pray... :)
Next visit is Saint Anthony de Padua at Reina Mercedes. Its located next town from Cauayan City, just a 20 to 30 minutes drive.
Then The National Shrine of Our Lady of Vicitation at Guibang Naguilian..

Saint Clare Church just across the National Shrine of Our Lady of Guibang.


Fifth is Saint Micheal Cathedral at Ilagan, Isabela. This is along the high way so It's easy to find...

Another old church, Saint Ferdinand church, near the St. Ferdinand college still at Ilagan Isabela... 


Then we head back to Cauayan to attend the procession in the afternoon.
The energy of the mass and procession attendees where very strong every Good Friday. The huge crowd is very normal in our town.




Having this kind of Holy week really feels good specially If you're searching for some inner peace in such kind of celebration.

Hope you can visit Isabela too, and include Cauayan City in your list.