Friday, June 20, 2014

Ready to Eat Like a Viking

So Vikings at SM Megamall is now open! I always heard about this buffet restaurant but I never, like really never imagined myself dining in this restaurant. Maybe because I find it expensive, well in fact there are buffet restaurants out there that is more affordable and I think has already enough selection to be tagged as value-for-money. Until we bought a discounted voucher on one of the social media buying site, and eat all my never, never imagined thing. wahahahah.

Differentiating my experience with Vikings versus other buffet restaurants is easy.
It's like a tour in a museum of food...

Its probably one of the largest buffet restaurant in the Philippines. Very festive. Very wide selection. From appetizers, main course, sides, fresh foods, down to desserts. With different cuisine-- Asian, Western, European and others.

Here's my 5 Must-Do List so you can eat like a Viking and enjoy your buffet experience.
  1. Take your time. Don't rush! Don't get too excited! Treat it like your eating on a fine dine restaurant. You have three and a half hours though.
  2. Small bite on your favorites. Don't eat much of your usual order on other restaurants.
  3. Have a taste of everything! Try every cuisine, it's your chance. Explore!
  4. Don't put too much food on plate, It will make you feel full.
  5. Less Carbs. Rice? You can eat it at home.


Vikings regular rates...


**Rates are based on their June 2014 price list and subject for change without prior notice
They also offer birthday promo and big group promo.


The salad bar...
Fresh and grilling station... you can pick from different types of fish or marinated meat and ask them to grill and serve it to your table..
My favorite section... Sushi bar... ohhh those Salmon...
Another favorite section... We'll we don't normally celebrate Thanksgiving Day in the Philippines, so I think I need to say Thank You for the opportunity of tasting roasted turkey. wahahaha It's not a feast everyday...
Some luxury in the house... Steaks Beaf Sterloin and Angus... yum yum yum...
Make your own Shabu Shabu... You can ask them to set up a shabu- shabu pot and stove on you table... Don't worry you can never with the taste of mixed vegetables and some streetfoods-- fishball, squidball, chicken balls hehehe...
Chinese foods are also served...
Every kid and kid at heart favorite section... Desserts! wahahaaha work on that sweet tooth
The very first section you'll see when you enter the restautrant.
A very wide selection of sweets... Ice cream, candies, chocolates, crepe and a lot more...
This is the other side of the dessert section..
Fresh fruits section.

Here are some of my top picks during my visit...

In every buffet restaurant I visit, I always check if they serve Salmon.... It's really something that I look forward to. wahaha. Dito pa lang sulit na ako... hehehe
Roasted... You will really love their Roasted Chicken... Well you might say, you can buy roasted chicken anywhere, but surely the taste is not like the one in here... Promise!

I had Roasted chicken, turkey and pork (lechon baboy)... the lechon baboy is also good. It's very and soft and tasty even if you're just eating the meat. 
I also had sweet and spicy crab, patatim and the vegetable. 

I also tried their baked oyster. Its good though, I like it better when its raw. hehehhe

They also offer Make- Your- Own Pasta, where you can pick from different type of pasta- fettuccine, white of black spaghetti, penne and macaroni... Then mix it with your preferred sauce -- white, cream, pesto, Oil and garlic... Then pick your toppings like bacon, ham, sausages, olive and others.

In my case here's our MYP.... tadaaa...
Spaghetti in pesto with ham, bacon, Parmesan... lesson learned don't put too much toppings as it affects the taste of the pasta... hahaha this one is salty... well you can also put the blame on the chef. hehehe
Another MYP, too salty also. blame it on the sausages, bacon, and other topings. wahahaha
And for dessert, I had crepe filled with mangoes and blueberries topped with frozen yogurt.
Since the have wide selection of drinks, I tried all of it, hahhaa just a sip on each, except for the draft of beer... Yes! you may take it this way they also offer "Unlimited Beer" hahaha.
They also have Imported beer like Tiger -- for limited stocks only.

The whole dine- in experience would have not been that great without their accommodating and very friendly crew...

Taddaaaa.... the Vikings... wahahaha

Vikings SM Megamall
4th Floor, Mega Fashion Hall 
Bldg. D, SM Megamall,
Julia Vargas cor. EDSA Mandaluyong, Philippines.
Tel. no. 656 - 3888, 656- 4888, 656-5888
Email. vikingssmmegall@yahoo.com
website: http://vikings.ph


Thanks,
Mark My Name 1107